Monday, November 3, 2008

Many topics!

Browns blow it...enough said. Beautiful weather outside, too bad I spent Saturday cleaning the yard from all the leaves.

This past week there were many topics that were introduced. Hypemedia, CMC's, How to teach teachers, Technology vs. Effectiveness, and what teachers need to know. Lots of stuff to think about!

It seems like every topic can be tied to motivation in some way, shape or form. If the learner is presented the material in a way that they can relate to and are actively engaged in, they will learn that material. Same with presenting it to the students, make it motivating and they will become interested. Plus, it also seems to come back to a constructivst approach to teaching.

The majority of my writing and ideas is posted on the Moodle website. I also researched Moodle and it's capabilities for my issue 5 topic. Yes, I know I have used Moodle for this class, but never knew the benefits or capabilities of it. Compared to other sites that are similar, how could you not want to use Moodle in the classroom. I have tried to brainstorm of how I could use it to teach a class, and I am definitely going to use Moodle when I begin teaching computers.

No comments: