Monday, October 27, 2008

Catch up week

Sports update...Browns win, Buckeyes lose.

This was a catch-up week in all my classes. The projects that were given were able to continue this past week. It seems I am doing ok in my classes. Nothing concrete yet as to grades. With grades, I have always gone with the motto "Expect the worst, hope for the best". This will be a busy upcoming week with a paper, test and two other projects to do.

In Current Issues we are starting on digital media, and CMC topics. Interesting because of the progression we have made in this technology in the last few years. I can still remember my first year of college in 1996. Walking into each class being told we would receive notifications by this strange thing called "email". In my orientation class, we even had a quiz on how to use it, and what email stood for. Seems so simplistic now, but than it was such a new innovative way of communicating, everyone had to do it. My how times have changed. The idea of email and using it for my generation can be in the same category as in the 50's with families who got black and white televisions. Such a great thing that revolutionized everyday life.

No comments: