Monday, November 17, 2008

Issue 6 and different thoughts

Browns play Monday night, so hopefully they do well. The Cavs are playing well right now, but I bet they will be a typical Cleveland team later in the year! haha.

Issue 6 was a difficult issue to handle because of trying to figure out the best way to incorporate technology from the teacher into the classroom. Creating a needs assessment brought back some fond memories. But, it was structured well to get where I needed the project to go. My goal was to increase Math test scores. The current situation is teachers are not using technology available to find weaknesses in Math content areas before they take the OGT test. The ideal situation would be for students to have areas of weakness realized before the test, provide instruction on those areas, and stand a better chance to pass the test. I came up with some good ideas, good tools including a survey and checklist.

As for some other issues with other classes, I am having a HUGE problem in another class with the instructor not returning emails, having to email multiple times to get answers to questions. The latest delay is regarding some assignments that were emailed over 1 week ago. I got one answer and it was, I will look into it and get back to you soon. If you teach an online class you should aim to have responses in a couple hours or the next day. I can understand that things come up, but to have it happen all semester is unacceptable. I am highly upset with this particular class and the way it is run (NOT 'Current Issues' by the way). End of Rant.

Well, more projects to do this week, getting real busy! Oh well, I am learning a lot.

No comments: